Friday, February 27, 2009

The Inspiration Wave: Blog 3

_______
NUGGET

Your whole life has been a long journey to this very moment.
- Unknown

_____
STONE

The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift of life is yours; it is an amazing journey; and you alone are responsible for the quality of it.
-Dan Zadra

______
PONDER

Day after day I like to remind myself that this is my life, my journey, and my choice.

I, and probably others, view myself as an independent and private person. I never share too much or get too close to anyone. The thought of commitment almost scares me, but the fact of the matter is, I know exactly what I want in my life, where I want to go on my journey, and that’s my choice.

I like the idea of living for myself and doing whatever makes me happy. This concept, with many core values and morals, was embedded in my mind as a child. The idea of caring about what others think or say is much too exhausting for me.

I never know exactly where my journey will take me, no one ever does; that would just be a long boring road. I have recently reevaluated relationships and decisions, I believe it’s something I must do to reassure myself that the decisions I am making are truly the best for me. I have a strong sense of self and know what I need to feel secure. It's important that I make sure that I can always summon the motivation that I need to pursue my goals with ambition and determination.

Weeding out my friendship garden, planting some new seeds, and strengthening the roots of existing relationships has helped me become a better person. I have made major decisions based on what will make me happy. I'm intrigued and excited and nervous about some looming choices that will impact my life and could alter my journey, but I know each new day is the best day of my life because it is the one on which I decide my life is my own. No need for apologies or excuses. No need for anyone to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift of life is mine; it is an amazing journey; and I alone am responsible for the quality of it.

Your life has been a long journey to this point, is it time you have the best day of your life?

2 comments:

  1. We are too much like, but o-well. I view my self as very independent person too, and commitment scares me too, maybe that's why were both single. I thought, like you know what I want in life. While of course "things" in life come up and change the direction that we are going I think if it as meant-to-be. When I'm around people they tell me that I'm so happy and exciting, maybe that's why you and I are friends. Your the kind of person that can be fun and serious, at the same time and few people can really do that. Knowing what you want in life is key, ignore what other people think, and do what you think is right, that's all a person can really do, that's what I tell myself quite often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Knowing what you want in life is key, ignore what other people think, and do what you think is right, that's all a person can really do, that's what I tell myself quite often."

    Worrying about what others think is much too exhausting for myself. I could not agree more with your statement... Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete